To have a good Back to School for the kids introduce some good Feng Shui tips in the interior of kid’s room. Changes will make the kid happy and stimulate good schooling habits. You can start by creating a nice ambiance.
Feng Shui in bref
Feng Shui is an art to link a persons life with his surroundings. Using Feng Shui advice you can create a harmony between the lifestyle and the environment. The theory is based on good and bad energy flows that you can control by organizing your environment. The aim is to get around all positive energy and to cancel all the negative. The good energy influences you in the best ways… To read more I suggest my previous article Best picks of Feng Shui for you.
How Feng Shui interior design can help our kids
Feng Shui interior design can help kids to improve in all priority areas – schooling, extracurricular (out of school’s) activities, relationship in the family, relationship in school. Feng Shui is a method to solve problems and difficulties. In the best case, study (homework doing) placement is in Northeast (NE) area of your home/ your room. If you can not use NE placement, just place a crystal on the NE of the kid’s desk. See the picture of Feng Shui bagua map – you can apply this map to the kids room. The entrance door is placed on Career’s wall. You should think of the placement of furniture in the room to create positive spaces where needed. The bases of Feng Shui is to keep the room clean and no messy, make sure that the kid keeps it in order or help him/ her with this. You should activate first the areas where your kid has difficulties, ex: behavior problems, bad notes in school ect.
Here are the tips to make the best out of Feng Shui:
No 1. Take all unnecessary things out of the room. Maybe there are too much furniture or toys. Put the toys, clothes and all kids stuff in wardrobes, shelves. The good energy loves empty, tidy and flat spaces. Of course, you can leave some decoration or favorite things – the kid still must love his/her’s room. Your task will be to place well these things in the room.
No 2. take in consideration three important Feng Shui bedroom tips:
- First – never place the bed with direction – feet to door. It refers to an ancient belief that only the dead go out of the room with the feet first. This direction of bed attracts the bad energy.
- Second – the person who lives in the room must freely see the entrance door from main position places. Don’t put the school desk with the sitting position with the back to door. The best if the chair has a position back to wall. Put the bed the way that he/she sees the door. These are elementary any room comfort rules.
- Third – do not put mirrors in front of the entrance door. And do not put them the way that the kid can see himself/ herself from the bed. Feng Shui has a whole theory of mirrors, they have an important role. Mirrors can create a very good energy and lighten spaces while good placed. In front of the door the mirror ”fights away” the spirit of the person who enters the room – which is bad. Seeing yourself in the mirror from bad can ”scare your spirit” or soul when you wake up (suddenly the night or just in the morning). The person can be scared the first seconds seeing someone facing him/her. After you understand that it’s a reflection, but the first moments create negative energy.
No 3. Determine which areas in kids life you would like to stimulate. Put ”on” a bagua map to the room’s plan. I propose you a featured kid’s room bagua map that can help you to create the ideal room.
The main areas to stimulate are School, Family, Money, Achievements and Mentors. The room must have an empty space for free movement and playing which is the Health zone. Once you have activated needed areas, explain your kid in simple way that he/she must take care of each of them, keep them clean – to be successful in …. school, with friends, sports… you can make a habit to take care of these areas together and taking care of each of them will give you a reason to talk about the topic – that is how you can teach to think about important things in his/her life, give examples.
- Put the desk in the school area. Desk must be clean and empty. Store books, block-notes and other stuff in the desk drawers and closets. Lots of stuff on the desk distract the kid from homework. Put a good desk lamp – it is important for child’s eyes as well as for having good notes at school. Good lightened areas attract a good Feng Shui. To attract even more success, place a nice crystal on the desk – best if it will be in the Northeast.
- Make sure to put your family pictures in the Family area. Photos where you are together and happy. Here is a place for decoration or gifts that were made by or given by family members. All that reminds the family in a positive way. If the kid hasn’t good relations with some family member – brother, uncle… you can fix it by including their common pictures or a nice picture of that person between others. Don’t forger to lighten the area, keep it clean. You can put a mirror or crystals to get more energy here.
- Teach the kid to be wise with money with the Money area. Put the kids piggy bank, add a crystal, keep the area clear and clean. Taking care of this area can be a reason of conversations between you about saving and spending. You can put wealth symbols as well – a plant – money tree. If you have an aquarium, the money area is the best place to put it. In Feng Shui aquarium with fish is one of the most powerful energy sources. It represents all 5 basic elements – earth, wood, metal, fire and water. It is a symbol of wealth.
- Put photos of your kids Sports or arts achievements, medals – everything that reminds the moments of glory. Kid must feel proud and know that he has achieved that by his own work. Bring light to this area to help your kid to develop in sportive and creative areas. Activate this area if your kid don’t have enough of self confidence or it’s difficult for him/her to make friends.
- People who inspire – here you can put quotes, books or pictures from people or personages who inspire your kid. Mentors can be family friends, or famous people from TV, authors or personages of books. It can be Winnie the Pooh with his famous quote “The most important thing is, even when we’re apart, I’ll always be with you.” Here you can remind the kid the wise thoughts and things you want him/her to remember. To activate this area use light, crystals and mirrors
The most important is taking care of created areas. Each time you do it and your kid does it, you remember the topic. Feng Shui is a way to bring success in certain areas and help to overcome difficulties. Try it out and you will see the result.
So I invite you to see some of my best Kid’s room design picks. Not necessary of Feng Shui, but just for inspiration:
Thanks for staying with me ! Please share the post and write in a comment – which area do you need to activate first? Thank You so much!